Chakra meditation is something that has become more and more popular. When you needed to be grounded and strong, you need to do meditation and making sure that your chakras are strong is important for everyday living.
Chakra is a Sanskrit word that means wheel, and this is the energy that flows through your body. There are seven main chakras in your body, and they are located from the spine to the top of your head. Each of these deals with different parts of the body and how the body moves.
If you want your body to work correctly, you need to make sure that your chakras are open and strong. If one of your chakras is closed, it can cause you to have mental, emotional, and physical problems.
Chakra meditation can be done, and it can help to heal your chakras. There are different chakras and if one needs rebalanced, this can help you to do that.
You need to know that there are seven chakras that have to do with the body and with the way that you experience things.
- Called Muladhara.
- The first chakra.
- Located at the bottom of the spine.
- Helps you to feel stable and safe.
- Keeps you safe and helps you survive.
- A balanced root means that you feel protected and safe.
- Unbalanced root means that you are unsafe, addicted to things, want to escape.
- The color associated with this chakra is red.
- The mantra to make this stronger is, “I am.”
- Called Svadhisthana.
- The second chakra.
- Found in the navel area.
- Helps you to be creative and sexual.
- Helps with the reproductive system and with relationships.
- Works with the relationships and emotions that you face.
- When it is balanced you will feel strong, and you will feel comfortable.
- When it is unbalanced, you will feel closed off and will not want to have sex.
- The color associated with this chakra is orange.
- The mantra to make this stronger is, “I feel.”
Solar Plexus Chakra
- Also called the Manipura.
- The third chakra.
- Found at the bottom of the stomach.
- Helps you to have self-esteem and confidence.
- When balanced you will be powerful and want to do more in life.
- When unbalanced you will feel irresponsible, insecure, and unmotivated to do things.
- The color associated with this is yellow.
- The mantra to make this stronger is, “I do.”
- Also called the Anahata.
- The fourth chakra.
- Found in the heart.
- Helps you to be compassionate and have unconditional love.
- Gives you the chances to forgive others.
- When balanced you can forgive and love others.
- When unbalanced you will feel that your heart is broken, and you will not be able to accept love.
- The color associated with this chakra is green.
- The mantra to make this stronger is, “I love.”
- Also called Vishuddha.
- This is the fifth chakra.
- Located in the throat.
- Helps you to be centered and to be able to communicate clearly.
- When balanced you can express yourself and speak the truth.
- When unbalanced you will not be able to tell people what you feel.
- The color associated with this chakra is blue.
- The mantra to make this stronger is, “I speak.”
Third Eye Chakra
- Also called Anja.
- This is the sixth chakra.
- It is found in the middle of the forehead between the eyebrows.
- Helps you to have stronger intuition and spiritual health.
- When balanced you will be able to have more intuition and wisdom.
- When unbalanced you will feel unaware and not be able to connect with the spirit world.
- The color associated with this chakra is indigo.
- The mantra to make this stronger is, “I see.”
- This is also called the Sahasrara.
- This is the seventh chakra.
- Located at the top of the head.
- This is where you can reach your highest self.
- When you are balanced you can be enlightened, and you can be one with the universe.
- When unbalanced you will feel depressed and isolated.
- The color associated with this chakra is violet.
- The mantra to make this stronger is “I understand.”
Doing Chakra Meditation
Chakra meditation will help you to rebalance and make the chakras stronger. If your chakras need to be healed or unblocked, chakra meditation can help you with that. This is a way that you can communicate with your higher self and the spirit world to help you.
When doing chakra meditation, you need to do it different ways. If you are someone that likes to see things, you need to use visualization meditation and imagine the energy filling your chakras one at a time.
People that are not visual can look at their energy centers and heal them one at a time.
There are different ways that you can do chakra meditation and you can do it guided or alone. This kind of meditation can be great for someone just starting or someone that has done meditation for a while.
Here is how to meditate:
- Find a comfortable position.
- Turn the lights off and close your eyes. Relax but be alert.
- If you are doing guided meditation, start the session.
- Listen to what it tells you to do.
- Once it ends, come back to where you are.
- Move your body.
- Sit for a few minutes and think on what you just did.